embarrasing stories
Damien
2006-10-28 07:04:12 UTC
BTH will appreciate the irony of this, given some of the things he's
witnessed whilst riding with me in the past... :-)

Anyway...after five years of riding, and a number of close shaves at
speed, I finally fell off the bike for the first time...in my backyard
at about 5kph! :-S

I usually park on a bit of concrete behind the house, that requires a
sharpish turn-in to get on to. There is also a fair bit of
gravel/grass...anyway, I came home, turned the corner, and then
thought that perhaps it would be a good idea to hit the kill switch to
stop the engine running whilst on its side. I was surprised at just
how bloody quick it all happened, given the incredibly low speed.
Climbing out from under the bike was a bit of fun (not as much fun as
trying to pick the bloody thing up!), but the only damage was a 2-inch
crack to the fairing near the right indicator, and some minor
scratches to the lower fairing on the same side.

I guess it just goes to show that you can't ever be too careful...even
at 5kph in your own goddam backyard. :-) ah well, it's all good as
long as someone gets a laugh out of it, I suppose.

Damien
GPX250 -> CBR600 -> F650/R1200GS (when the $$$ are there!)
RT
2006-10-28 09:42:38 UTC
Post by Damien
[...]
<sigh> well at least it was in your back yard, not in public.

Parked crossways in the middle of the street (legally) in town. Came back
to the bike in a hurry to leave, kicked it in and accelerated hard in the
right turn the front wheel was already positioned for, to merge with the
stream of traffic. No problem, racked it into the appropriate lane and
straightened up. Wrong. The steering lock was still engaged - so down we
went... <blush> (And that was after 20 years' riding :-)
John Dwyer
2006-10-29 07:24:15 UTC
Post by RT
Post by Damien
[...]
I did a learner's course in late 2003. Part of the standard method taught
for mounting the motorcycle is to straighten the bars before getting
aboard. That would have prevented the problem.
John Dwyer.
MikeH
2006-10-28 10:16:42 UTC
A few months ago I rolled the bike out the side gate onto footpath
(grass, thank christ), and left it on side stand to return to shut gate.
Whilst facing the other way, shutting gate, I heard a funny clunky
noise. Turned and there's Suzi having a little lie down in the grass.

Wasn't a major issue until a couple of cages drove up the street and saw
the result. I'm standing there, geared up for a ride, helmet on etc and
there's this loser's bike lying down on the grass having a rest before a
day out to play.

It's a tough call lifting 250kgs on bike back up and wheeling back
through gate pretending as if nothing untoward really happened. Seemed
like a huge traffic increase up the street during that 10 minutes too.
Arseholes!

Still don't know what happened.

MikeH
Peter
2006-10-28 11:01:21 UTC
Boxing day last year was a scorcher and I left my bike on it's centre stand
only to find it in the gutter as the footpath had melted. Scratched fairing,
broken indicator light and dented tank. GPX250.
(warning for the hot days to come)

:-P
Peter Wyzl

Knobdoodle
2006-10-28 13:13:47 UTC
I've told the story here before but I used to have a 3-metre-long gate that
I'd open a little and then pull closed behind me as I rode the bike out.
I mistimed it this time and it hit my back wheel and bounced back open so I
looped around and rode up the footpath reaching out with my right hand to
heave it closed.
I totally misjudged the inertia of a 3m gate though and my heave just
pulled me off the bike!
Naturally; all my neighbours had witnessed my spectacular display too!
--
Clem

Q: Does anything say "I'm a Wanker" louder than whinging about top-posting?
quietguy
2006-10-30 23:37:21 UTC
Coming out of Uni on my nice new Honda 750 after lectures on a cold and rainy
day, all tricked out in good boots and warm wet-weather gear. Most of my
(female) class mates looking enviously on as they waited in the downpour for
one of those always overcrowded buses. Out the driveway and across the
footpath I go, only just as I am about to hit the road along comes a car. So
I stops, and puts me foot down, only to find that the dip in the gutter is
about 12 inches. So my feet just dangle in the air for a little while, then
me and the Honda topple over to shouts of laaughter and merriment from the
assembled crowd. Struggled for a bit trying to pick the bugger up, til a
couple of girls came over to help.

David - who was not so cool that time
G-S
2006-10-31 07:15:05 UTC
Post by quietguy
So
I stops, and puts me foot down, only to find that the dip in the gutter is
about 12 inches. So my feet just dangle in the air for a little while, then
me and the Honda topple over...
*ouch*

Having done exactly that thing with a pothole and a Honda you have my
sympathy...

G-S
G-S
2006-10-31 07:23:35 UTC
Post by G-S
Post by quietguy
So
I stops, and puts me foot down, only to find that the dip in the gutter is
about 12 inches. So my feet just dangle in the air for a little while, then
me and the Honda topple over...
*ouch*
Having done exactly that thing with a pothole and a Honda you have my
sympathy...
G-S
Having said that I problably should expand...

My 'incedent' occured when I pulled up next to another bike and I tilted
into the other bike.

I managed to hold my bike up (at about a 30 degree angle) when my foot
finally hit ground level, but my heavy litre class bike tipped into the 250
next to me and knocked it over.

Luckily it was the other halfs 250 and not someone else's (although the
other half wasn't riding it at the time).

G-S
Kevin Gleeson
2006-10-31 08:08:15 UTC
Post by G-S
Post by quietguy
So
I stops, and puts me foot down, only to find that the dip in the gutter is
about 12 inches. So my feet just dangle in the air for a little while, then
me and the Honda topple over...
*ouch*
Having done exactly that thing with a pothole and a Honda you have my
sympathy...
Really must be a Honda thing. I've done it twice with Hondas. The
first time I _just_ managed to hold it up but got cramp in my leg
stretching to touch the ground (a car had propped in front of me going
into a driveway and left me over the deep gutter). That was a VF1000R.

Next time I wasn't so lucky and the Blackbird went over. I was so
pissed off with myself that I lifted it back onto its wheels by myself
while holding the front brake on on a downward slope . . . amazing
stuff, adrenaline.
Knobdoodle
2006-10-31 11:58:20 UTC
..... you have my sympathy...
FUCK!
I've gotta' learn to read ALL the posts before I respond!
Clem
paulh

paulh
G-S
2006-11-01 10:56:18 UTC
Post by paulh
Post by G-S
Post by quietguy
I stops, and puts me foot down, only to find that the dip in the gutter is
about 12 inches. So my feet just dangle in the air for a little while, then
me and the Honda topple over...
*ouch*
Having done exactly that thing with a pothole and a Honda you have my
sympathy...
friggin dwarves....
paulh
I bags being 'Grumpy'

G-S
Knobdoodle
2006-11-01 11:10:01 UTC
Post by G-S
Post by paulh
Post by G-S
Post by quietguy
I stops, and puts me foot down, only to find that the dip in the gutter is
about 12 inches. So my feet just dangle in the air for a little
while,
then
me and the Honda topple over...
*ouch*
Having done exactly that thing with a pothole and a Honda you have my
sympathy...
friggin dwarves....
paulh
I bags being 'Grumpy'
Typical; he's just heard that EVERYONE in aus.motorcycles is fucking grumpy
at the mo'!
Clem
G-S
2006-11-01 11:50:29 UTC
Post by Knobdoodle
Post by G-S
Post by paulh
Post by G-S
Post by quietguy
I stops, and puts me foot down, only to find that the dip in the gutter is
about 12 inches. So my feet just dangle in the air for a little
while,
then
me and the Honda topple over...
*ouch*
Having done exactly that thing with a pothole and a Honda you have my
sympathy...
friggin dwarves....
paulh
I bags being 'Grumpy'
Typical; he's just heard that EVERYONE in aus.motorcycles is fucking
grumpy at the mo'!
*reluctant applause*

G-S
Hammo
2006-11-01 11:56:06 UTC
Post by G-S
Post by paulh
Post by G-S
Post by quietguy
I stops, and puts me foot down, only to find that the dip in the gutter is
about 12 inches. So my feet just dangle in the air for a little while, then
me and the Honda topple over...
*ouch*
Having done exactly that thing with a pothole and a Honda you have my
sympathy...
friggin dwarves....
paulh
I bags being 'Grumpy'
G-S
Is he getting frigged first?

Hammo
quietguy

paulh
Knobdoodle

quietguy
2006-11-02 01:47:47 UTC
Nothin I know about

David
Post by Knobdoodle
Yep; been there.
You have my sympathy!
Emjaye
2006-11-04 00:35:47 UTC
Yinnar pub (Gippsland "hamlet"). Pull up next to other parked bikes.
Back the GS1000S in. Stand down, lean bike over. Stand not fully down.
Bike continues to follow the relevant law of physics. Me jammed between
my bike and a mate's bike. Can't lift it up. Pricks in the bar having a
right old time at my expense. About 5 mins. later a mate who feels sorry
for me comes out to help me. Or maybe to check to see that I didn't
damage his bike (I didn't).
Heath Raftery
2006-10-29 07:25:24 UTC
Post by Damien
[...]
Came home a little complacent the other day, riding in through the
driveway heading down the side of the garage as normal. Normally I don't
have a rolled up roller door next to the driveway though. I aimed for
the gap between the tree and roller door thinking, "ha, wouldn't it be
funny if I didn't fit!". Sure enough, I clipped the tree with my
handlebars, shifting my weight towards the roller door. Not being able
to put my foot down any where, slowly as you like, the bike and I fell
onto the roller door. So there's me, in my driveway, bent backwards over
a roller door, with the bike trapping my legs on the other side of the
door. I was quite amused at the situation actually, since I couldn't sit
up to pick the bike up, and I couldn't turn to get out from underneath
it. Would have been quite the sight to see me work for 10 mins to free a
foot and finally regain my composure. Eventually I was up and sheepishly
walking the bike through the gap to park.
--
Heath
| *Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool* |
|________________________________________m(. .)m_________|
John Dwyer

BT Humble
2006-10-29 21:54:22 UTC
Post by Damien
BTH will appreciate the irony of this, given some of the things he's
witnessed whilst riding with me in the past... :-)
I'm trying, but the only one I can remember is following you on the
Cotter road when you were trying to overtake a car.
Post by Damien
From what I recall you kicked down a couple of gears, then a couple
more, then one more for good measure, and discovered that it's not
such a great idea to be doing 100kph in 1st gear on a GPX250. ;-)

BTH
Damien
2006-11-19 02:19:51 UTC
Post by BT Humble
Post by Damien
BTH will appreciate the irony of this, given some of the things he's
witnessed whilst riding with me in the past... :-)
I'm trying, but the only one I can remember is following you on the
Cotter road when you were trying to overtake a car.
From what I recall you kicked down a couple of gears, then a couple
more, then one more for good measure, and discovered that it's not
such a great idea to be doing 100kph in 1st gear on a GPX250. ;-)
Yep, that was one. :-S Still got past him though!

Another time was when we were heading from the Garran shops (think
they were the ones) to the toy run. We were coming through Deakin and
I was about to charge stupidly through a roundabout without having
looked properly to spot the truck coming through from the right...the
back end went a bit stupid under brakes, sliding around all over the
place (that when when a still had the rock for a rear tyre), and I
just managed to keep it all together and get through in one piece. It
was a worthwhile lesson though, as I always check roundabouts VERY
carefully now! :-)

BT Humble
2006-10-29 21:56:32 UTC
I kicked the "foldy bit" off my CT90 kick starter a couple of days ago
- snapped the end clean off the shaft!

It's a bit of a nuisance, but I know I've got a spare one on one of the
wrecks at Tarago (And I was going to be without it in a couple of weeks
anyway).

BTH
Michael
2006-10-29 23:00:00 UTC
A whole group of us got new bikes over a 12 month period, (8 bikes), 7
fell off stands in the first 6 weeks, the other one ? wife knocked it
over with the car.
Brett Danvers

F Murtz
2006-10-30 04:38:32 UTC
Post by Damien
[...]
Left disc lock on so many times (must be mental abberation) that I made
a metal device with a micro switch in series with start button .
Umless the lock is not on the device the bike wont start
Peter
2006-10-30 05:12:46 UTC
Post by Damien
[...]
I nearly did this but I have one of those disc locks with the built in
alarm, this saved me.

:-P
Nev..
2006-10-30 07:23:29 UTC
Post by F Murtz
Left disc lock on so many times (must be mental abberation) that I made
a metal device with a micro switch in series with start button .
Umless the lock is not on the device the bike wont start
Wouldn't it be easier to just admit to yourself that a disc lock is not
a suitable mechanism for securing your bike and just find another means
of securing the bike?

Nev..
'04 CBR1100XX
bikerbetty
2006-10-30 07:36:28 UTC
Left disc lock on so many times (must be mental abberation) that I made a
metal device with a micro switch in series with start button .
Umless the lock is not on the device the bike wont start
Wouldn't it be easier to just admit to yourself that a disc lock is not a
suitable mechanism for securing your bike and just find another means of
securing the bike?
Nev..
'04 CBR1100XX
so far it's worked for me.... but I think I may be anal about that sort of
thing (oh dear, and I don't even have an edag....)

I'm thinking maybe ppl don't try to knock off GPX250s anyway.... <crossing
fingers>

betty
Knobdoodle
2006-10-30 08:26:00 UTC
Post by bikerbetty
Post by Nev..
Post by F Murtz
Left disc lock on so many times (must be mental abberation) that I made
a metal device with a micro switch in series with start button .
Umless the lock is not on the device the bike wont start
Wouldn't it be easier to just admit to yourself that a disc lock is not
a suitable mechanism for securing your bike and just find another means
of securing the bike?
Nev..
'04 CBR1100XX
so far it's worked for me.... but I think I may be anal about that sort
of thing (oh dear, and I don't even have an edag....)
I'm thinking maybe ppl don't try to knock off GPX250s anyway....
<crossing fingers>
Someone (Jules?) told me to put it on the rear disk instead of the front.
Much much less dangerous.
Clem
Knobdoodle
2006-10-30 12:09:17 UTC
"Knobdoodle" <***@hotmail.com> wrote:
(about disklocks)
Post by Knobdoodle
Someone (Jules?) told me to put it on the rear disk instead of the front.
Much much less dangerous.
--
Another trick is to put it BEHIND the forkleg. That way you can't get any
rotation before it stops the wheel.
Clem
BT Humble
2006-10-30 22:09:51 UTC
Post by bikerbetty
I'm thinking maybe ppl don't try to knock off GPX250s anyway.... <crossing
fingers
Damien? I think you need to have a chat with Betty about the theft rate
of GPX250s in Canberra...

BTH
stuart t
2006-10-30 22:33:22 UTC
Washed the old GS1000s one day (was never terribly into washing, but it
was a pretty neat and clean machine at the time, almost a collectible).
After washing, pushed it back onto the back verandah, but tripped on
the concrete lip. Bike fell ever so slowly against the verandah post,
putting a sizeable crease in the tank.

Thus began the bikes descent into ratdom. Then end result was fairly
impressive.

Stu
Dr.Shifty
2006-10-31 08:46:13 UTC
Post by stuart t
Washed the old GS1000s one day (was never terribly into washing, but it
was a pretty neat and clean machine at the time, almost a collectible).
After washing, pushed it back onto the back verandah, but tripped on
the concrete lip. Bike fell ever so slowly against the verandah post,
putting a sizeable crease in the tank.
Thus began the bikes descent into ratdom. Then end result was fairly
impressive.
Stu
Another GS1000 bites the dust ... in the tradition that you are not a full
member of the Ulysses Club until you drop your bike in the carpark -

One morning we were setting off and I stuck my earplugs in my ears, but
with a mild ear infection the plugs gave me a bit of a spike in my balance
system. I chucked my leg over, lifted the bike up off the sidestand, and
immediately lost all sense of which way was up. The bike rose to centre
point and just kept on going. By the time I figured it was on it's way down
again it was too far to fight it and it finished up gently resting on its
right side on the ground. Full membership at last.
Knobdoodle
2006-10-31 12:08:55 UTC
Post by Dr.Shifty
One morning we were setting off and I stuck my earplugs in my ears, but
with a mild ear infection the plugs gave me a bit of a spike in my balance
system. I chucked my leg over, lifted the bike up off the sidestand, and
immediately lost all sense of which way was up. The bike rose to centre
point and just kept on going. By the time I figured it was on it's way down
again it was too far to fight it and it finished up gently resting on its
right side on the ground. Full membership at last.
Hah ha; I've never seen a drop blamed on earplugs before!
Congratulations.
Clem
Knobdoodle
2006-10-31 12:07:04 UTC
Post by stuart t
Washed the old GS1000s one day (was never terribly into washing, but it
was a pretty neat and clean machine at the time, almost a collectible).
After washing, pushed it back onto the back verandah, but tripped on
the concrete lip. Bike fell ever so slowly against the verandah post,
putting a sizeable crease in the tank.
Thus began the bikes descent into ratdom. Then end result was fairly
impressive.
Do not wash bikes!
A feller answered my ad to sell my Ducati Pantah so I went downstairs and
gave it a good bath and fitted the single-seat-cover so it looked it's
best.
Unbeknownst to me there was no drain-hole around the rear sparkplug and the
surrounding area filled with water so when he arrived and I tried to start
it it was a no-go.
I pushed it up the hill and tried to bump-start it but the solo-seat was
too much of a risk to my nuggets so I sat side-saddle as I kicked it into
gear.
It refused to fire, ground to a halt, and then slowly and gracefully
toppled over onto the right side (the side I had no legs!)
I was so angry and embarrassed that I picked it up and just pushed it back
under the house and went upstairs and closed the door without speaking
another word to the "buyer"!
Clem
paulh
2006-11-01 10:43:48 UTC
On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 18:36:28 +1100, "bikerbetty"
Post by bikerbetty
Wouldn't it be easier to just admit to yourself that a disc lock is not a
suitable mechanism for securing your bike and just find another means of
securing the bike?
Nev..
'04 CBR1100XX
so far it's worked for me.... but I think I may be anal about that sort of
thing (oh dear, and I don't even have an edag....)
I wash my bike with diluted camomile tea, no one has yet stolen it nor
has it been crashed, thus proving that camomile tea (diluted) is an
effective bike theft deterrent and accident preventer. I should note
that the bike hasnt been sat on by an elephant either, so it could be
effective there too.

paulh
ps. I cant vouch for full strength camomile tea
Knobdoodle
2006-11-01 11:02:11 UTC
Post by paulh
I wash my bike with diluted camomile tea, no one has yet stolen it nor
has it been crashed, thus proving that camomile tea (diluted) is an
effective bike theft deterrent and accident preventer. I should note
that the bike hasnt been sat on by an elephant either, so it could be
effective there too.
ps. I cant vouch for full strength camomile tea
~
I prefer the plain-coloured mile tea. The camo one is a bit too lairy for
me!
Clem
bikerbetty
2006-11-07 00:04:01 UTC
Post by bikerbetty
Wouldn't it be easier to just admit to yourself that a disc lock is not a
suitable mechanism for securing your bike and just find another means of
securing the bike?
Nev..
'04 CBR1100XX
so far it's worked for me.... but I think I may be anal about that sort of
thing (oh dear, and I don't even have an edag....)
I wash my bike with diluted camomile tea, no one has yet stolen it nor
has it been crashed, thus proving that camomile tea (diluted) is an
effective bike theft deterrent and accident preventer. I should note
that the bike hasnt been sat on by an elephant either, so it could be
effective there too.
paulh
ps. I cant vouch for full strength camomile tea
Gee, the camomile tea market would skyrocket if they used that as a
selling point.

"Guaranteed to keep thieves and elephants away from your motorbike"

betty, who would prefer to wash her bike
with camomile tea than drink the bloody stuff
Theo Bekkers
2006-11-07 02:48:46 UTC
Post by bikerbetty
Post by paulh
I wash my bike with diluted camomile tea, no one has yet stolen it
nor has it been crashed, thus proving that camomile tea (diluted) is
an effective bike theft deterrent and accident preventer. I should
note that the bike hasnt been sat on by an elephant either, so it
could be effective there too.
Gee, the camomile tea market would skyrocket if they used that as a
selling point.
"Guaranteed to keep thieves and elephants away from your motorbike"
My tyres have a little elephant logo on them. I don't know whether that is
meant to attract or deter pachiderms.

Theo
j***@my-deja.com
2006-11-07 05:01:37 UTC
Post by Theo Bekkers
Post by bikerbetty
Post by paulh
I wash my bike with diluted camomile tea, no one has yet stolen it
nor has it been crashed, thus proving that camomile tea (diluted) is
an effective bike theft deterrent and accident preventer. I should
note that the bike hasnt been sat on by an elephant either, so it
could be effective there too.
Gee, the camomile tea market would skyrocket if they used that as a
selling point.
"Guaranteed to keep thieves and elephants away from your motorbike"
My tyres have a little elephant logo on them. I don't know whether that is
meant to attract or deter pachyderms.
My *bike* has an elephant logo on it too, so when you work it out, let
me know :-)

http://www.cagiva.it/_vti_g6_logo.aspx?rpstry=174_

JL
(staying away from Taronga zoo until its resolved)
Theo Bekkers
2006-11-07 23:16:26 UTC
Post by j***@my-deja.com
Post by Theo Bekkers
My tyres have a little elephant logo on them. I don't know whether
that is meant to attract or deter pachyderms.
My *bike* has an elephant logo on it too, so when you work it out, let
me know :-)
http://www.cagiva.it/_vti_g6_logo.aspx?rpstry=174_
Do you have this one on your tyres as well?
http://www.metzeler-profiles.com/index.php?ln=2

Theo
JL
2006-11-08 08:04:30 UTC
Post by Theo Bekkers
Post by j***@my-deja.com
Post by Theo Bekkers
My tyres have a little elephant logo on them. I don't know whether
that is meant to attract or deter pachyderms.
My *bike* has an elephant logo on it too, so when you work it out, let
me know :-)
http://www.cagiva.it/_vti_g6_logo.aspx?rpstry=174_
Do you have this one on your tyres as well?
http://www.metzeler-profiles.com/index.php?ln=2
I guess I'd better buy Metzler tyres to match the Cagiva next hey ?

JL
Theo Bekkers
2006-11-09 03:19:23 UTC
Post by JL
Post by Theo Bekkers
Post by j***@my-deja.com
Post by Theo Bekkers
My tyres have a little elephant logo on them. I don't know whether
that is meant to attract or deter pachyderms.
My *bike* has an elephant logo on it too, so when you work it out,
let me know :-)
http://www.cagiva.it/_vti_g6_logo.aspx?rpstry=174_
Do you have this one on your tyres as well?
http://www.metzeler-profiles.com/index.php?ln=2
I guess I'd better buy Metzler tyres to match the Cagiva next hey ?
Then you need an elephant to ride it for the full set.
Not sugggesting anyone in particular, but a couple of names came to mind.
:-)

Theo
Iain Chalmers
2006-11-09 03:50:48 UTC
Post by Theo Bekkers
Post by JL
Post by Theo Bekkers
Post by j***@my-deja.com
Post by Theo Bekkers
My tyres have a little elephant logo on them. I don't know whether
that is meant to attract or deter pachyderms.
My *bike* has an elephant logo on it too, so when you work it out,
let me know :-)
http://www.cagiva.it/_vti_g6_logo.aspx?rpstry=174_
Do you have this one on your tyres as well?
http://www.metzeler-profiles.com/index.php?ln=2
I guess I'd better buy Metzler tyres to match the Cagiva next hey ?
Then you need an elephant to ride it for the full set.
Not sugggesting anyone in particular, but a couple of names came to mind.
OI! I'll remember that!

big
--
"Everything you love, everything meaningful with depth and history,
all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated, mishandled,
you hate." Mr Jalopy quoting Hooptyrides (on jalopyjunktown.com)
j***@my-deja.com
2006-11-09 05:22:38 UTC
Post by Iain Chalmers
Post by Theo Bekkers
Post by JL
Post by Theo Bekkers
Post by j***@my-deja.com
Post by Theo Bekkers
My tyres have a little elephant logo on them. I don't know whether
that is meant to attract or deter pachyderms.
My *bike* has an elephant logo on it too, so when you work it out,
let me know :-)
http://www.cagiva.it/_vti_g6_logo.aspx?rpstry=174_
Do you have this one on your tyres as well?
http://www.metzeler-profiles.com/index.php?ln=2
I guess I'd better buy Metzler tyres to match the Cagiva next hey ?
Then you need an elephant to ride it for the full set.
Not sugggesting anyone in particular, but a couple of names came to mind.
OI! I'll remember that!
<grin> I was think Clem or one of the Victorians but yeah if you'd like
to go for a blat I'm fine with that - I've never actually ridden a
Monster of any model (despite having test ridden anything I can get my
hands on), so it would seem like a plan. I'm desperate to go for a
decent ride soon.

JL
Iain Chalmers
2006-11-09 05:32:19 UTC
Post by j***@my-deja.com
Post by Iain Chalmers
Post by Theo Bekkers
Post by JL
Post by Theo Bekkers
Post by j***@my-deja.com
Post by Theo Bekkers
[...]
I'm heading to Thredbo in about 45 minutes if you wanna come...

;-)

big
JL
2006-11-10 12:52:18 UTC
Post by Iain Chalmers
Post by j***@my-deja.com
Post by Iain Chalmers
Post by Theo Bekkers
Post by JL
Post by Theo Bekkers
Post by j***@my-deja.com
Post by Theo Bekkers
[...]
You bastards who can take days off like that :-(

JL
(jealous)
Johno
2006-11-07 08:44:40 UTC
On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 10:48:46 +0800, "Theo Bekkers"
Post by Theo Bekkers
Post by bikerbetty
Post by paulh
I wash my bike with diluted camomile tea, no one has yet stolen it
nor has it been crashed, thus proving that camomile tea (diluted) is
an effective bike theft deterrent and accident preventer. I should
note that the bike hasnt been sat on by an elephant either, so it
could be effective there too.
Gee, the camomile tea market would skyrocket if they used that as a
selling point.
"Guaranteed to keep thieves and elephants away from your motorbike"
My tyres have a little elephant logo on them. I don't know whether that is
meant to attract or deter pachiderms.
Theo
In your case... probably there to help you fend off the emu's.

Johno

Beer mate?
Toosmoky
2006-11-07 22:02:27 UTC
Post by Theo Bekkers
My tyres have a little elephant logo on them. I don't know whether that is
meant to attract or deter pachiderms.
It means me or Clem could ride it and the rims wouldn't collapse.
--
Toosmoky
Work to ride, Ride to Work...
http://toosmoky.d2.net.au
Damien
2006-11-19 02:26:00 UTC
Post by bikerbetty
I'm thinking maybe ppl don't try to knock off GPX250s anyway.... <crossing
fingers>
I was living in Weston when mine was stolen. I lived in a very quiet
little street, and the bike was parked in front of my bedroom window
totally out of view of the main street and visible only from the end
of my driveway. About 9pm, while I was actually in my bedroom watching
tv (and so only about 1m or so from the bike, albeit with
curtains/window closed), some bastard managed to nick it without me
even knowing they were there. You'd have to really want a bike to
steal it in circumstances like that - it didn't exactly fit the
profile of an opportunistic crime, so I reckon they'd had their eye on
it. Moral of the story: even GPX250s can be quite attractive to the
scum of the earth, so make sure it's always put away and locked up
properly!